Friday, May 29, 2009
A half man -half tree man!!!!!!!
I coudnt beleive my eyes.....i have never seen such a thing in my life...
I could only say a glory to be father then.....
A 35 year old man Dede in a remote village in Indonasia has root like growth from the surface of the skin around his arms and feet
He couldnt work because of this and he is deserted by his wife...what a fate!!!!!
His words " I am happy if somebody could cure me ...I fear it will pass on to my children" , Made me thank agen agen god almighty for making us and giving us so wonderful a life....
He is supported by his extended family now ....the documentary also showed some other people like the bubble man- with buble like growth all over the body and the lady with the misplaced face. The poor dede has paired with these men to earn a living by doing street shows....
recently they removed around 3.5 lbs of this growth through a day long surgery....but its growing back fast....
Doctors are still trying to find a cure for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
But I am good damn sure,the opinion would have changed atleast in these times of economic downturn.... and they will be able to prove "HR's strategic relationship to business"
Every day we hear companies announcing number of people being voted off the isalnd.I wonder how many pink slips HR departments around the world might have prepared by now...
If Recruitement was the main job that HR professionals was doing in times of Industry boom,Creating Payroll Orphans is what they do now....
But do not underestimate HR's job as just seperating people from the companies ,there's more to it.
Some of the tasks the HR's are fighting with now are
- Ofcourse Preparing pink slips
- Finding innovative ways to manage through the downturn
- Salary reductions through basic pay, variaple pay reductions
- Though recruitement is very less, most of the companies target on taking aboard people with key skills for specific jobs.beleive me thats the toughest job.People will have to use very creative recruitement methods to keep away from frauds.
- Talent Management,developing a talent pool with existing employees through career sucession plans
- very stringent policies in Performance management so that the % of underperformers can be easily pulled out
As one of the talent management fellow of Aviva has said this seasonal change provides Hr with an opportunity to pause and reflect how well HR's have secured the companies they work for!!!!!
I believe if Human resources management stands the tests of this tough times,and prove their mettel, they have gone a long way in proving their credibility!!!!!!!